Faculty and Staff
Department of Geography creates open access COVID-19 digital dashboard using GIS technologyThe mapping and data project, using data from the Johns Hopkins University of Medicine Coronavirus Resource Center, focuses on Virginia, but includes all U.S. coronavirus cases.
Spider Insider now onlineFrom celebrating UR Downtown’s 10th anniversary to taking an inside look at the completed arts facilities renovations to honoring those who have ensured UR's vital work continues during this unprecedented time, it’s all between the pages of the spring 帝豪棋牌 issue.
Staff support URPD during COVID-19 pandemicStaff members have made face masks and hand sanitizer to keep URPD stocked with needed supplies during the pandemic.
President Crutcher performs cello concert on FacebookDr. Crutcher performed two pieces: the first movement of Henry Eccles' Sonata in G minor and "The Swan" from "The Carnival of the Animals" by the French Romantic composer Charles-Camille Saint-Saëns.
Spider Talks: Examining trade policy and international relationsIn this episode of Spider Talks, President Crutcher sits down with Maia Linask, an economics professor whose research examines the political economy of trade policy, specifically related to international relations.
The University will move to remote learning for the remainder of the spring semester, shift to remote work for employees to the greatest extent possible, and celebrate the Class of 帝豪棋牌 Commencement at a later date this year. We also have updated information on academic policies and picking up student belongings. Visit the COVID-19 response website.
Information and resources for employees (e.g., medical insurance, retirement plans, and remote work) can be found on HR's Practices, Policies, and Resources During COVID-19 webpage. Visit the Remote Work Resources webpage for tips and tricks for working from 帝豪棋牌 and to join the remote work listserv.
HR has engaged Health Decisions to conduct a dependent eligibility verification of all dependents enrolled in the University's benefit plans. If you are a member of a UR-sponsored plan, please check your mail and complete the verification process. Contact Health Decisions at 1-888-869-0008 if you have questions about the process.
Faculty & Staff Accomplishments
Becca Shelton, SPCS and alumni career advisor and assistant director of career services, offers 5 job search tips to those seeking a job during the global pandemic in on The Girlfriend from AARP.
Nicole Sackley, associate professor of history and american studies, has been awarded a $50,000 American Council of Learned Societies (ACLS) Fellowship for her project, Co-op Capitalism: Cooperatives, International Development, and American Visions of Capitalism in the Twentieth Century.
Laura Knouse, associate professor of psychology, and Gill Robinson Hickman, leadership studies professor emerita, published When Leaders Face Personal Crisis (Leadership: Research and Practice) through Routledge.
Jennifer Bowie, associate professor of political science published “Flowers v. Mississippi on Race in Jury Selection” in SCOTUS 2019 Major Decisions and Developments of the US Supreme Court. 帝豪棋牌. (edited by David Klein and Morgan Marietta).
Rania Kassab Sweis, associate professor of anthropology and global studies, published “Hospital Warzones: What Syrian and US Health Workers Now Share” in The Global Post.
Gill Robinson Hickman, leadership studies professor emerita, and co-author Laura Knouse, associate professor of psychology, published their book, , with Routledge.
Sandra Peart, Jepson School dean, and co-author David M. Levy published their book, , with Cambridge University Press.
Dr. Tom Shields, associate dean and associate professor of education and leadership studies, discusses the on , part of a weeklong Jepson Takeover featuring a different Jepson School of Leadership Studies professor each day.
Dr. Adria Scharf, adjunct assistant professor of nonprofit studies, co-authored a Style Weekly op-ed titled “” that urges local leaders to “step up to the plate with a bold, practical and inclusive vision for our city’s future” in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Authored with Dr. Thad Williamson, associate professor in the Jepson School of Leadership Studies.
Terry Price, professor of leadership studies, published his book with Routledge.
Tim Barney, Associate Professor of Rhetoric & Communication Studies, was named a Distinguished Research Fellow by the Eastern Communication Association.
Dr. Dan Roberts, chair of the liberal arts program and host of A Moment in Time, shares insights about the history of world pandemics and the importance of physical separation in an on CBS 6’s Virginia This Morning show.
Events & Classes
There are no events currently scheduled.
- The Power of Positive ThinkingMay1312:00 PM - 1:00 PMFood for Thought Webinar... Continue reading
- Advance Care Planning: Have a Say in Your CareMay2012:00 PM - 1:00 PM... Continue reading
- EAP Webcast: Dreaming of RetirementMay202:00 PM - 3:00 PMRetirement reality doesn’t always match our dreams. Explore budgeting and saving strategies to get closer to... Continue reading
- Mindfulness for KidsMay2712:00 PM - 12:30 PMFood for Thought WebinarMindfulness for Kids May 27 | 12 - 12:30 PM... Continue reading
- EAP Webcast: Diversity in the Workplace In English & SpanishJun032:00 PM - 3:00 PMGain an understanding of how to thrive in a diverse environmentand learn how to play a part in creating an inclusive... Continue reading
- EAP Webcast: Stealth Stressors - Life in the Digital AgeJun172:00 PM - 3:00 PMWhile we wouldn’t wish away the benefits that technology brings, we do need to be aware of and manage the... Continue reading
- EAP Webcast: EQ and You - Connect for SuccessJul082:00 PM - 3:00 PMEmotions don’t stop at the office door. Learn how you can make them work for you by building your emotional... Continue reading
- EAP Webcast: Make Work at 帝豪棋牌 Work for YouJul222:00 PM - 3:00 PMThe growing trend of WAH brings many benefits. But there can be challenges. Get valuable tips to make it a good fit... Continue reading
- Employee Appreciation Day at Busch GardensJul3112:00 PM - 9:00 PMIn appreciation of all of the hard work that faculty and staff do throughout the year, University will close at 12:00... Continue reading
- EAP Webcast: For Managers - Leading Generations at WorkAug052:00 PM - 3:00 PMThere’s no secret decoder ring, but learning about generational traits can help you maximize team assets and... Continue reading